Monday, February 13, 2012

Rain Stick Activity


I finally got to make the rain sticks with mr. silly ridiculous the other day when he came over !
there were several ways to make online but I chose the one at Enchanted Learning
Can You believe I am now using that site for my grandchild !! 


So both the boys each painted an old paper towel tube . I really wanted to use the holiday wrap tubes but good luck from saving those from sword fights lol


Then big Uncle decided he needed the carders . No I said they are fun but we do not need wool for this activity lol


Now it did call for aluminum foil which I did not have . So I cut up aluminum pie plates to crinkle up . However they can be sharp so I did not let grandson do this . He traced the rainstick tops onto brown paper


They were already to fill .Top of one end of stick with paper or like we did cut fabric circles and attach with rubber bands . Much easier than waiting for glue to dry .  Places strips of foil inside stick then add the bits of rain ☺ We used rice , red lentils & navy bean .



Then just top off the other end and they are ready !


He gave one of the sticks that Uncle made to his bigger brother ♥

No comments: